TIPS FOR SELLING YOUR PROPERTY IN SPAIN
Although current purchase data shows prices are still far from the peak they reached in the boom years before the economic crisis, foreign residents and non-residents bought 12,070 homes in the third quarter of 2013, representing 17.2% of total operations in Spain. Forecasts for the property market in 2014 are buoyant. So if you are thinking about selling your property for whatever reason, the climate is the best it has been in years for you to realise a decent return on your investment. By the way selling land to foreign investors is one of the best opportunities in the current market.
However, selling a home or land to a foreign investor, whether resident or not, is not easy, which is why it is wise to engage an expert agency in your area.
Here are six tips which we use when marketing a property - they will help you in the process of considering to sell:
- We think about who may be interested in your house. Not everyone looks at things the same and sometimes the person´s country of origin can give us clues. A large majority of foreign buyers, whether or not resident here maybe looking for a second home in coastal towns, scenic or tourist cities, however it is possible to find buyers seeking to buy accommodation in a city for work.
- We research which nationalities are more interested in buying in your area. It is important to know that British buyers are still the biggest part of the market, but on their heels are the Belgians, Dutch, French, Germans, Russians, South Africans and Syrians. This means we have to be more select where to advertise your house, the wording of the advert and what languages to use for greatest impact.
- Success with language. We market your property to foreign buyers in their particular languages and have a multi-lingual team to assist in the process - so we do not have to rely on Google Translate to write an ad or populate our website - this is far more likely to attract potential buyers.
- We sell 'lifestyle'. Some buyers will buy a house on the coast due to sun, sea and Mediterranean climate and the location, a flat in Barcelona or Girona, on the other hand, will attract buyers that may prefer cultural and leisure activities, good communication, gastronomy and architecture. We find something that will appeal to them and highlight this aspect and what the property offers.
- We highlight ease of access. To a foreign buyer this is vital, and often key to the purchase decision. We are fortunate on the Costa Brave to be well served with international airports and high speed trains which of course we highlight in our marketing of our clients' properties.
- We use the internet, our websites and social networking. This is one of the best ways to reach international audiences, we advertise to tourists who come to spend a few days, we advertise on property portals in other countries, we have country specific websites in the language of that country and of course keep Facebook and other social media interactions current.
If you are keen to sell your property on the Costa Brava and want to appeal to foreign buyers contact us today to help get your property marketed and sold. With our network of partners in major cities and websites dedicated to each particular country, we can help give you the exposure you need to sell your property. Click here and send your details and we will get back to you right away.